Thursday, May 30, 2013

MT. LUHO'S PEAK - A 360 DEGREE VIEW OF THE ENTIRE ISLAND OF BORACAY FROM ITS HIGHEST POINT AND OTHER ATTRACTIONS



 

When I was planning my trip to Boracay, I was looking for other places to go aside from its white sand beaches.  So I did some research on its other attractions.  What I found was that Boracy is just a small island that can actually be toured in a single day if you have the resources for exploration.  So I thought, what would be the easiest thing to do in order to see the entire island?  What else but climb to its highest vantage point where you can enjoy a breathtaking 360 degree view of the entire island.  At the time of this writing, I am down with the flu but I feel that sharing with you my experience will help blow some of the fever away and lead me to the road of recovery. 

Let me share a little info about this quaint mountain.  Mt. Luho situated in the eastern side of Boracay  is a small mountain where a viewing tower and walkway was built for tourists to appreciate the island from atop.  From here you will have a spectacular 360 degree view from the north, south east and west side of the island.  For the physically fit, a cardiovascular and muscular challenge awaits anyone intending to walk or climb up to the top.  You can also reach the top by biking or renting a tricycle.  Mt Luho is just a 15-minute drive by tricycle to the top.


This is the northern portion of the island where a vast expanse is occupied by Fairways and Bluewater resort.  There are numerous small coves with white sand beach also in this section bu the consistency of the sand is quite different from that found in White Beach.  However, you get you have more privacy and serenity as more people prefer to flock to White Beach where most of the fun happens.


This is the northernmost tip of Boracay.  The seas are calm and very few signs of human activities can be detected.  So if your in to exploration of Boracay's secluded portion, I think this is the place to go to.  Notice that near the center of the picture, you can see the launch tower of Mt. Luho's Zipline Adventure.  I was not able to ride it because I arrived in Mt. Luho around 7am where no one is around to even charge me for the entrance fee of 150 pesos.  So actually I was able to tour the whole place for free with some Aspin dogs serving as my tour guides.  Just make sure you leave the place before 8am as the caretaker will be arriving at that time and you may not be lucky enough to leave the place without being charged.  The tricycle driver said I was lucky because 150 just to tour the place is already high not yet even including the zipline adventure.

This is the northeastern side of Boracay where a portion the golf course of Fairways & Bluewaters are seen.  This section of the island north of White Beach is situated in higher grounds and I think many plush resorts are located within this section.  This is the vantage point where one can view the sunset from atop.

When I arrived at the top, I felt overjoyed by the beautiful sight of Boracay from an eagle's point of view.  Actually I prefer solitude in my adventure and this is one place in Boracay that I found it.  Well, the climb actually gave some health benefits to me together with the fell good hormones that were released after feeling the euphoria brought out by the beautiful view.  Probably in my next visit, I'll be trying out the zipline, zorb ball and the ATV ride to make the experience more exciting and memorable.

This is the southern tip of Boracay showing also the mainland of Aklan from afar.  The eastern beaches are more visible from this view as White Beach is found on the other side where the sun sets at the end of the day.  The best thing about beautiful Boracay is the ling stretch of White sand beach found on either side with White Beach boasting of its powdery white sand.  The low elevation of this section and narrow part of Boracay shows the highest sign of human infrastructure.  I sure hope that at the rate this increase is occuring, the local government can still maintain the beauty of the island and keep it sustainable for tourism so that future generations can still enjoy its beautiful white sand in their time.



The northern tip of Boracay shows its close proximity with Carabao Island. Carabao Island is only 30min away from Boracay. They say that if you want to get away from busy Boracay and enjoy the real nature, you will definitely love Carabao Island. Carabao is what Boracay was 20 years ago with lots of nature and empty beaches.

 This is the eastern side of Boracay Island.  It was already burning daylight before 8am when i arrived here so all my photos were already taken against the sun.  The eastern side is a vast stretch of open sea where the nearest island east of Boracay is the southern tip of the island of Masbate which is not even seen from this point.

After viewing and taking pictures from all sides, I began to explore the other places within the viewpoint. There were actually several viewing decks that are connected with bamboo bridges such as this one.  So one doesn't need to come down and climb each and everyone of it.  Each deck has its own share of spectacular view as not all decks have a clear view of some places.  So you really need to transfer from one deck to another.


This is also the place where the Mount Luho Zipline Adventure is also located.  It was very early in the morning so there were no operations going on yet at this time.  Probably next time when I have more money I will definitely take this ride.

So that's it folks.  This is the Mt. Luho Viewpoint.  Entrance fee 150 pesos per person.  The Zipline Adventure has a separate fee for riding.  So if you plan to visit the place, I advise you, it's not free except very early in the morning when there is no one around yet. hi hi hi.

 As our tricycle made its way downhill,  I saw that there were also horseback riding offered in the place.  It makes the tour more interesting because the travel is slower and you can have a longer time to enjoy the scenery.

 Halfway between the peak and the sea is the Zorb Park where one can experience rolling inside a huge transparent ball and landing on water.  Just make sure you are not claustrophobic.

 As I was gazing at the huge Zorb Ball in its hangar, I can't help but think of my son whom I would be having a grand time with if only circumstances will permit.

 Adventures such as this one is best done in the company of your loved ones.  So make sure to save up for this adventure to make the moment memorable and unforgettable.

 There are actually many attractions along this route such as the ATV and horseback riding.  Since the Mt. Luho was an exploratory trip, I was not yet familiar and and was not able to draw up a do-it-yourself plan to make the adventure as economical as I can.

There is even a theme park located in the intersection on the main road going up. With roller coasters and other rides, one can experience urban fun in a rural place like Boracay.

Many tourists attractions have indeed sprouted out in Boracay making this place a one-stop-shop of pure adventure, family quality time and fun, fun fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment