Friday, May 3, 2013

BUCKETEERING DEFINED: WHY PEOPLE CREATE A BUCKET LIST

A Bucketeer (my unofficial definition) is any person who, in anticipation of death, begins to think of things he swore he will do before he or she dies.  One would often create a Bucket List to keep track of them all.  Bucketeering is the act of undertaking and accomplishing items in a bucket list.


Some people who have no time to create a bucket list prefer to be spontaneous in thinking of outrageous things and just do it, then tell the story afterwards.  

Being a bucketeer has its rewards.  It lets you create a warehouse of interesting stories, and creating a Bucket List in one way to kick-start your life goals. 


Bucket List stories are a diversity of life’s experiences ranging from fun & adventure, thrill and suspense, stories of contrition and reconciliation or even ambitions. 

When I was diagnosed with kidney cancer, I realized that given the remaining time, creating a bucket list of things to do before I die helped me a lot in accepting of my fate.  It even renewed my spirit because it still motivated me to pursue ambitions I have not yet accomplished.  

Getting to tell the story after it has been accomplished and knowing that people were inspired with my positivity is reward enough for me to keep on going and finding new adventures to fulfil.  My blog site provided me with the venue where I can share my goals and even find inspiration in the accomplishment of other fellow bucketeers.


To begin my life a bucketeer, let me share with  you a quote from John Lennon – “Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans”.

No comments:

Post a Comment